Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Learning to love Sydney

Since moving to Canberra a few years ago I've visited Sydney several times and I just never really enjoy it.  To me it is just a big, grey city without any of the charm of Australia's other big city (and my one time home), Melbourne.  But it is only three hours drive away and is full of sights, shows and shopping, so last year I decided that I needed to learn to love Sydney.  MH and I went again recently for a wedding, the weather wasn't very nice that weekend, but there was some yummy food, a couple of impressive views and a quick visit to a great fabric shop!

It's like a sushi train, but with desserts.  Sadly it sounds more exciting and delicious than it was, or maybe I just over hyped it to myself?


More desserts...


View through a taxi window - yes, it's the Harbour Bridge!


People actually live with this view everyday!  I can't imagine what the house prices here are like though...


Surely one of the best views from a wedding reception venue?  Later in the evening we could even see fireworks across the harbour.

So I still don't love Sydney, but I'm starting to like it (that's a good start!).

2 comments:

  1. I think we are on the same page. I've lived in Sydney for just over 3 years now and I still don't love it. I don't know what it is...

    I really wanted to move to Melbourne but we ended up in Sydney instead. It's okay, I've slowly gotten used to it.

    FYI - a house on the harbour with bridge views sold for...wait for it...55million dollars. A man from Melbourne bought it, go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I can't imagine how much money you would need to have to think it was ok to spend $55million on a house!

      Delete