Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And with a sigh of relief...

I finally finished sewing New Look 6239. 


I bought this pattern quite a while ago and started making it early last year - before I started my clothing production course and when I really didn't know how to sew, or even understand how to construct clothes.  Back then I found it so confusing and frustrating.  I didn't really understand what I was supposed to do and the instructions didn't help!  I struggled on and assembled most of it but then put it to the side when my college classes took over my time. 

But with my studies over (for the time being!) I thought I really needed some closure with this dress.  I was amazed at how quickly I was able to finish it with my new skills.  I had to make a few adjustments to the original pattern so the straps didn't keep falling off my shoulder and I'm still not completely happy with it, but I really just wanted it finished!  So here it is, and with summer finally arriving in Canberra I have even worn it a couple of times.  It is a nice, light summery dress.


Would I recommend it?  Sure, New Look class this as an 'easy' pattern so even with really limited sewing skills you'll figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment