Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Keeping busy

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a lovely summer/winter!  I've been keeping busy with sewing, summer harvests and the general wonderfulness of the season.

No photos this post, just a written update...

Sewing - I've been 'fitting' my husband for trousers.  Some of you might remember last year I 'fit' him for a shirt as part of my college sewing course and he really likes the shirt I then made for him.  Now I'm all set to try making a pair of trousers for him.

I've also been 'fitting' a friend for a dress - she's not sure what she wants, but when I showed her the lovely Simplicity 1291 from 1944 that the amazing Sew Convert made recently, she started to be inspired (and who wouldn't like a dress like that for themselves one day!).

Finally on the sewing front I have been drafting a dress pattern for myself.  I have some very pretty Japanese rayon that I bought last year that deserves to be worn!

Summer harvests - finally the weather has warmed up so our tomatoes are ripening, the eggplants and capsicums are starting and the first ears of corn are almost ready.  We also went wild blackberry picking today.  We picked about a kilogram and it is just the start of the season!

I hope you are all well and have some joy in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment