Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mid-week baking

I try to bake something every week so we have something for snacks each day.  We finished off some choc-chip cookies today, so I needed something quick and easy that I could make after a long day.  Honeyjoys may seem like a children's party treat, but they are welcomed at grown up get-togethers and work morning teas too.  Oh, and they are Tansy's favourite human snack - she always gets a couple of flakes if she is around when we eat them!

There are lots of recipes for Honeyjoys on the internet, this is the one I use:
In a large saucepan melt together:
 - 90g butter
 - 75g sugar (I use raw sugar)
 - 1 tablespoon of honey
When the sugar is dissolved take the saucepan off the heat and add:
 - 140g cornflakes
Spoon the mix into patty pans and bake at 150oC for 10 minutes.
Leave them to cool so they set, and then try not to eat too many at once!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sass, I think maybe they are an Australian thing - the other great party food from my childhood is Chocolate Crackles. I haven't had those for years, but I adored them as a child.

    ReplyDelete