Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Tea and herbs

Alas, I spoke to soon about the progress of my checkerboard scarf.  On Wednesday night I slipped and dropped stitches.  With all the ssk and k2t in the pattern I'm not sure how to pick up the stitches (I dropped down 4 rows).  So I've put that project aside for an evening when I feel up to redoing the lost stitches.  But that gives me more time to focus on the short sleeved pink jumper.

Hooray that it is Friday.  I'm writing this while my husband has gone to pick up takeaway for dinner.  Friday is usually takeaway night for us.  Tonight we have decided to have Turkish.  Kabak - Yum!

Here are some more photos from our garden:

 I love mint tea made with real mint.   I don't think the flavour is as good if you use fresh mint leaves.  So today I picked standard mint and chocolate mint (the darker bunch) and have hung it up to dry.  Once dried put 4-6 leaves into a mug and pour boiling water over.  Let it steep for a few minutes and then enjoy a refreshing cup of tea.  The past couple of days have been unseasonably cold in Canberra - definitely tea weather!

This is our pot of turkey thyme and golden marjoram.  We only planted out the small seedlings a few months ago and they have grown so much we can't use it fast enough!

Some of the seeds we have planted ready for the summer season.  Beans, watermelon, sunflowers, silverbeet, parsnips, pumpkin, tomatoes, zucchinis and corn.


No comments:

Post a Comment